H.264 ENCODER FPGA Core - High Speed Micro Footprint
Our FPGA core is highly optimized and 80% SMALLER AND FASTER THAN THE COMPETITION WITH 〈 1ms LATENCY @ 1080p30!
It is capable of being synthesized in many FPGAs and supports H.264 variable and fixed bit-rate encoding of video streams. Encodes video data at 1.5 clocks/pixel. Typical clock rate in an Xilinx SPARTAN 6 is 95Mhz. Typical clock rate in a Xilinx Zynq 7020 is 95MHz. Multiple cores can be used for processing larger size or higher frame rate images. Uses FPGA specific DDR 3 controller and microprocessor soft core. In addition, the standard core can be customized, retaining ITAR compliance, to meet unique functional needs.
- 1.5 clocks/pixel processing rate
- Fully compatible with the ITU-T H.264 specification
- Available with bus widths from 8-12 to handle deeper pixel
depths (Pre-compiled for Binary license.)
- Supports resolutions up to 4096 x 4096 (can be expanded with additional cores)
- Supports simultaneous encoding of multiple streams of arbitrary sizes and compression ratios
- Generates I and P frames
- Variable Bit Rate (VBR) and Constant Bit Rate (CBR)
- Search range: 80 X 48 pixels, Full, 1/2, 1/4 pixel resolution
- Entropy Encoding: CAVLC
- Support for intra 4 x 4 DC prediction
- Support for Single or Multiple slices via firmware control
- Supports YUV 4:2:0 video input
- Fully synchronous design
- Available as FPGA specific netlist
- Custom versions available
Recent Enhanced Features
- New improved AXI wrapper to simplify integration of core
- AXI stream for video input and compressed
- Latency reduced from 1 frame to less than 1ms for a 1080p30 video stream
- LOWEST LATENCY IN THE INDUSTRY!
- Others quote low latency but limit it to I frame only. Our core is low latency and supports I and P frames!
- Significant reduction in Block RAM requirements for external raster to macroblock reordering
- FPGA specific netlist
- Bit accurate C model
- Complete HDLtestbench
- Test images
- Complete data sheet
- Spartan 6
- Virtrex 6 & 7
- Virtex 4QV & 5QV (Rad Hard)
Why use an A2e FPGA Core vs DaVinci/iMx6?
Download the Data Sheet!
Click here to download the data sheet:
Download Data Sheet. The Data Sheet contains more details on functionality and deliverables. Or, you can contact the sales person in your area to learn more. (sales@A2eTechnologies.com, or numbers at the bottom of this page)
Please contact us at sales@A2eTechnologies.com for pricing
information and any other questions